Current time: 01-21-2018, 06:28 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Winter Festival Island
12-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Star Winter Festival Island
The Cubeville staff team is happy to announce the opening of this year's Winter Festival island!

[Image: omzzaJg.jpg]

Like last year, there's a Secret Santa game again.

For those not familiar with it:

You can get a chest on the island for your presents. To reserve one, write a book with a wishlist of 5 types of items/blocks you'd be most excited to get, and a list of your 3 favourite building blocks. You can bring a book'n'quill, or you can buy them inside Santa's Residence on the island. Then pick a free chest (= green candy cane) and contact a staff member. [NOTE: Do NOT place a modreq at your chest - contact an online staff member so that they can get your book'n'quill from you for your gifts and be sure that no one else gets the chest you want to claim!] They will tag your chest and take your wishlist. Please make sure to notify us of any namechanges! Player alts are NOT permitted to have additional chests!

[Image: Yp4j4k9.png]

In order to give an item to a specific person, use an anvil to label it, for example "For Clicki", and put it in one of the "Gifts and Donations" chests at the portal. The elves will then put it in the player's chest.

You can also donate items for all players, just also put them in one of the "Gifts and Donations" chests. The elves will make sure that, if possible, players get items from their wishlist and that everyone gets items of about the same value.

The donation period will end some time between the 20th and the 24th, we'll announce it in time.

[Image: S0ecnUi.png]

The staff team is working on more builds and attractions on the island, we will keep you informed in this thread.

[Image: we0xbOI.png]
[Image: ieMvChw.png?1]

[Image: c0ZjGRy.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: Winter Festival Island
Can the 5 items be something that C's can't get, like maybe your player Head?

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Generally being awesome on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5.0
"I said too much! Curse my bread crumbs! ... wait no I need those."
12-04-2016, 09:15 AM
The wishlist is only for items from the donations pool.
12-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Soo what if you register and then change your name before Christmas? Because I plan on changing my name back to Sheepaleepz on Christmas Eve.

[Image: 9PZdmlDl.png]
12-04-2016, 01:18 PM
(12-04-2016 09:47 AM)Sheepaleepz Wrote:  Soo what if you register and then change your name before Christmas? Because I plan on changing my name back to Sheepaleepz on Christmas Eve.
No problem, just let a staff member know.
12-04-2016, 04:40 PM
(12-04-2016 09:15 AM)FrediW Wrote:  The wishlist is only for items from the donations pool.

What. But but but...D:

12-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Okay, so if it's only from the donations pool, then how even is it Secret Santa?
Because in Secret Santa you get a name to get stuff for.. this is just from a donation pool..

[Image: tumblr_mit5i7NwPL1ria7vqo1_250.gif]
12-10-2016, 09:37 AM
(12-10-2016 09:23 AM)SweetieBoots Wrote:  Okay, so if it's only from the donations pool, then how even is it Secret Santa?
Because in Secret Santa you get a name to get stuff for.. this is just from a donation pool..

You can also rename an item and add something like [For <Player>] in the name if you want the item to go to a specific player. I guess the "Secret Santa" part comes in because you won't know who has given you any of the items. It's not the same as a normal Secret Santa, no... but also you'll get more stuff because it won't just be one item from one person...

[Image: 0HFptlB.png][Image: i4bvapK.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2016, 03:25 PM
(12-10-2016 09:37 AM)Twilighta Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 09:23 AM)SweetieBoots Wrote:  Okay, so if it's only from the donations pool, then how even is it Secret Santa?

You can also rename an item and add something like [For <Player>] in the name if you want the item to go to a specific player. I guess the "Secret Santa" part comes in because you won't know who has given you any of the items. It's not the same as a normal Secret Santa, no... but also you'll get more stuff because it won't just be one item from one person...

I really love the Secret Santa....because nobody will know if I didn't give em a present cuz I forgot or something....

12-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Once again we got a lot of donations for our Secret Santa game, thanks a lot for that!

In order to give the elves enough time to deliver the gifts to all the player chests, the winter festival island is closing temporarily on Friday the 23rd. It will reopen on Sunday 25th (probably early afternoon eastern time). The gift chests will be unlocked for the players by then, and also the staff team is preparing some more games and attractions for you! The island will stay open until mid of January.

Don't miss the chance to claim your chest if you don't have one yet! Smile

Happy Holidays!
12-22-2016, 02:32 PM
[Image: 29zsves.jpg]
12-25-2016, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2016 08:41 AM by SweetieBoots.)
Aww, I was hoping I could open mine now.. my family isn't allowing me to wake them up.
Merry Christmas! Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_mit5i7NwPL1ria7vqo1_250.gif]
12-25-2016, 02:30 PM
The "Big Day" has finally come at Cubeville's Winter Festival Island! We have brand-new attractions, fun new items for sale, and of course the star of the show, the player presents waiting to be unwrapped! All of this will be waiting for you come 2:00pm EST, when the portal to the island officially re-opens. The unwrapping process will be explained below; first, let's go over some of the new attractions waiting for everyone!
[Image: rVv7BXC.png]
The island's mysterious red present finally opens its lid to reveal a gift from CV Staff to you: Snowball PvP! The arena has been weeks in preparation, features holiday-themed decor and kits, and has been confirmed in beta-testing to be FUN! Snowball PvP can be entered through the igloo on the south side of the island; please bear in mind that after walking through the fireplace in the main living-room, your entire inventory (including armor and hotbar!) will be cleared! Full information and rules will be available within the arena loadout room. Have fun!
[Image: 3qN0Nd8.png]
Also, your cubes await the specially-designed goodies now available: the Gingerbread House opens its doors at long last, offering players gorgeous holiday-themed fireworks within its cozy interior- don't forget to talk to the bakery elf; she's got a musical puzzle with a tasty reward! Meanwhile, a specially-designed particle bow awaits you in its own giftwrapped shop.
[Image: DE4u8YY.png]
Of course, there is the island's main event: every player who picked out a chest and wrote a List For Santa on CV now has a "present" waiting for them on the island surface! Last night, CV Santa and his elves brought in chests full of goodies wrapped up in players' specified favorite blocks. All of the presents are labeled, and subzoned with the recepient as the owner of the region, allowing for players to literally "unwrap" their CV presents! (Please be aware that blocks do not drop in the Skylands, meaning that the "wrapping paper" is not retrievable.) To ease location, all presents are grouped within color-coded regions marked with signs; a list marking players' chests, along with a map of the color-coded regions, is provided below. Enderchests have also been provided to allow for easy transport of presents. Any extra or unwanted gifts can be dropped off at an area specially set up for this purpose near the workshop. If any issues regarding opening individual presents arise, CV staff will be available and willing to help! Smile

Player List:
Click Here

Island Map:
[Image: 0lR3eBX.png]
So now you have the breakdown of what to expect on Winter Festival Island today, December 25 2016 at roughly 2:00pm EST- fun items for sale, a new holiday-themed PvP experience, and the highly-anticipated opening of player gifts! Any further questions or concerns can be directed at any member of CV Staff, who will be happy to help all that they can. Speaking on behalf of CV Staff, we would like to extend a huge thanks to all of our generous Santas, who donated over 56,000 items to our Secret Santa game! We would also like to wish all Cubeville players and their loved ones a very Happy Holidays, and hope that today is a blast for everyone!
[Image: omhe8Bo.png]

[Image: HM6zoHB.jpg]
[Image: VdSttKI.png]
Finally gathered together: Gifts/Fanarts/Shenanigans, Hooray! Big Grin
12-25-2016, 07:36 PM
Omg and I spent all my cubes .-.

01-13-2017, 11:34 AM
Quick update: Winter festival island is closing next Sunday (January 22).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)