Current time: 01-21-2018, 06:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Keepsake Rank and Curse of Vanishing
10-21-2017, 06:21 AM
Keepsake Rank and Curse of Vanishing
An info for everyone owning the KS rank:

Items that have the Curse of Vanishing enchantment will from now on disappear when you die, even if you have Keepsake. This is the intended behaviour of the plugin, but due to a bug the items also were kept in the players' inventories. We discovered this bug while working on an exciting new feature that would not be possible without this working properly, so please watch out if you were used to keeping the respective items. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: Keepsake Rank and Curse of Vanishing
DM still keeps said items though right?

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Generally being awesome on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5.0
"I said too much! Curse my bread crumbs! ... wait no I need those."
10-21-2017, 07:29 AM
DM's keep inventory is from the Keepsake rank so I would assume not.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
10-21-2017, 08:35 AM
Yep what Wally said.
10-22-2017, 09:17 PM
fredi what do u meen by ''disapear''? & i am confused WHAT?

if you wish to see my avatar please click the link: https://imgur.com/U9QtOQu : also, my old avatar is glichd out so at times avatars will switch automanicly.

”there are few problems that people understand” ~Teaddy Roseavelte, our productive president

Life-->entertainment-->games-->Minecraft-->Cubeville
10-22-2017, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2017 09:47 PM by DarkElf.)
(10-22-2017 09:17 PM)vip2kea Wrote:  fredi what do u meen by ''disapear''? & i am confused WHAT?

Items enchanted with curse of vanishing disappear *poof* when you die. So even if you go back to your death spot, they're gone Tongue
But with the keepsake rank these items weren't disappearing, but it had been fixed and now they'll disappear, so be careful Tongue

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
[Image: 9hFgfLU.jpg]
10-23-2017, 06:57 AM
oh ok, ty drak

if you wish to see my avatar please click the link: https://imgur.com/U9QtOQu : also, my old avatar is glichd out so at times avatars will switch automanicly.

”there are few problems that people understand” ~Teaddy Roseavelte, our productive president

Life-->entertainment-->games-->Minecraft-->Cubeville
10-23-2017, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 09:17 PM by Tisjstme.)
But... if you have an item with Vanish on it and would like it removed, then see a RP in game and they can repair your tools so Vanish is removed.

How this happens is: when a Repairman repairs a tool/armour using the /rp command, it reduces all the enchants by 1. Eg; fortune 4 becomes fortune 3 when repaired. (don't confuse this with upgrades). What is done here, is... any enchants that are a 1, will be first upgraded to a 2, then the tool/armour is repaired and the enchant will go back to a 1. This is what happens when it comes to things like Infinity etc, where there is only 1 in the enchant... a repair person can up this to a 2 so it holds for the repair. Then all enchants will have to be upgraded to got back to where they where.
SO... it just has to be repaired without the upgrade first and this removes Vanish on the tool/armour.

MP.. now I see what U meant when U said that the other day. lol NUB. (noo... not ur wings man)

I DO HAVE A Q. THO... Can mend go to a 2 by a RP?

10-24-2017, 02:11 AM
(10-23-2017 09:15 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  I DO HAVE A Q. THO... Can mend go to a 2 by a RP?

Yes mend can go to lvl 2, Its costs 56 lvls for us SVC's

Always buying Coal Ore/Blocks!
10-24-2017, 05:33 AM
You will love this Smile, but the repair command will from now on not affect curses anymore, only enchantments. That's part of the same glitch. (Minecraft internally distinguishes between enchantments and curses, so the latter should always be treated different.)
10-24-2017, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2017 01:15 PM by My_Profile.)
(10-24-2017 05:33 AM)FrediW Wrote:  You will love this Smile, but the repair command will from now on not affect curses anymore, only enchantments. That's part of the same glitch. (Minecraft internally distinguishes between enchantments and curses, so the latter should always be treated different.)

Well Im glad I got the vanish off my sword while I could then .-.

Always buying Coal Ore/Blocks!
10-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Wow... I don't like this... not at all.. ok.. so lets just go back to the way it was please. I liked it when we could repair to remove an enchant, and yes curses are enchants too.

Come on people we need to stand up for our rights. Lets fight this establishment.
Na, just joking.

10-25-2017, 09:55 AM
umm...
Fredi
curses and enchantments are treated the exact same way internally... not sure where you got the miss-information about that not being the case
the only difference is that they have coded that they appear red in the enchantment list of an item... otherwise, they work exactly the way mending would (ex. if you had an enchanted book with curse of binding on it, you could apply that to a pumpkin and put it in a dispenser and force-apply it to people... yes, that's mean, but it is something you can do)

~Astrorious
[Image: 49679_s.gif]
DA|YT
10-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Regardless of how the distinction is made internally, curses are obviously different from other enchantments, and were never intended to be removable by this perk. Non-cursed enchantments are still removed the same.

[Image: LYIT17S.png]
10-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Yes it would be a very very very mean member of staff (ahem) to do that with a pumpkin, to this poor citizen, and indeed to the innocent pumpkin itself Smile)

(10-25-2017 09:55 AM)Gary_S_Modd Wrote:  umm...
Fredi
curses and enchantments are treated the exact same way internally... not sure where you got the miss-information about that not being the case
the only difference is that they have coded that they appear red in the enchantment list of an item... otherwise, they work exactly the way mending would (ex. if you had an enchanted book with curse of binding on it, you could apply that to a pumpkin and put it in a dispenser and force-apply it to people... yes, that's mean, but it is something you can do)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)